Oasis Community is an Intentional Neighboring Community made up of multiple generations of people to support youth aging out of foster care as they transition successfully to the next phase of life.
Our mission is to create a sense of belonging through an intentional neighborhood model while empowering youth aging out of foster care, active seniors, young adults and families.
The planning and design phase for Oasis is finished and we are very proud of how the community looks. We are now in the fundraising phase. We are writing for grants, meeting with individuals, and presenting to service clubs and businesses. We have laid out a “phase one” goal of raising $1M. Check out the details below. Check out the story here.
Our goal is to break ground in the spring of 2021. Our phase one goal of $1M would allow us to pay cash for all of phase one. This includes:
- Two duplexes – each duplex is a two bedroom one bath unit below with a studio apartment above. Youth aging out of foster care will live in the studio apartments while those who would like to help by being that supportive loving relationship will be living below.
- One Single Family Home – for staff who will provide oversight to the community at large and also be there to support youth through mentoring and relationships.
- Prep work for the site – this includes things like clearing of the lang, water and sewer hook up, etc.
To help with these expenses and keep Oasis moving forward, please make a donation below.
- Beth Graybill – Leadership & Creative Development Consultant, BethGraybill.com
- Paul Singleton – Magistrate, St. Joseph County
- Minda Clemens Griffin – Financial Representative, Everence Financial
- Kalyn Lantz – Team Leader & Therapist, Oaklawn Psychiatric Center
- Samira Payne – Program Director of Student Athlete Transition Program, University of Notre Dame
To make a tax deductible donation click on the "donate" button. Follow the steps all the way through the checkout process.
All donations and expenditures are subject to the approval by the board of Village to Village Intl. Thank you for your gift.
You may also choose to send a check. Make your check out to Village to Village Intl. and send it to 1110 Portage Ave. Attn: Matt Borst South Bend, IN 46616