2022 has been an amazing year for Village to Village and we are excited to share some of our accomplishments with all of you.
- Over 50% of nonprofits fail within the first 5 years of existence, we are thrilled that this year we celebrated our 10-year anniversary. A special thanks to all of you for your support and for helping us reach this amazing milestone.
- Training – We have seen our Trust-Based Relational Intervention training explode this year. We have trained over 300 teachers in our area, and some of the new places we have done our training include; Oaklawn Psychiatric Center, Bashor Children’s Home, Boys and Girls Club, and local churches. We are also in conversations with two new school districts about bringing our training to their districts.
- Oasis – On October 13th, we broke ground on our first two duplexes for Oasis. These first two buildings are scheduled to be completed by May 2023.
- We were awarded a $500,000 grant for Oasis. This is the largest grant we have ever received.
- In October, we were able to bring our Executive Director, Mat Borst, on full-time. He will now be able to give 100% of his time to all things Village to Village.
- We added a CPA to our board, thank you, Paula, for your willingness to join us on this journey.
- Our Chief Difference Maker, Anthony Troyer, graduated with his MSW, passed his LSW exam, and is well on his way to becoming an LCSW. We are excited about what this will mean in the future for Anthony and Village to Village.
As we share this list with you, we are grateful for each and every one of you who has played a role in helping us achieve all of these things. As the sun sets on another year, we are looking forward to what will happen in 2023! Thanks for being on this journey with us.